Welcome to the HAERT Program!
HAERT stands for Happiness, self-Awareness and Emotional Resilience Training.
- Would you like to feel confident and capable dealing with the inevitable challenges and changes of life?
- Do you want to learn how to treat stress as an awesome growth opportunity or a chance to heal and move forward?
- Did you know you can learn how to manage and learn from strong emotions, instead of avoiding them or getting overwhelmed?
Like other types of wellness, Mental Wellness is focused on prevention: understanding how your body works, learning new skills and developing healthy habits.
The HAERT Program is designed to teach you the social emotional skills you need in order to build a solid foundation for Mental Wellness.
This tutorial will show you how to:
- Sign in
- Navigate the dashboard
- Access a Module
- Watch a Video
- Take a Quiz
- Write a Reflection
- Take an End-of-Module Assessment
- Go to: haertprogram.courses
- In the Username box, enter your school-assigned Google email address.
- First time: The very first time you log in to the HAERT Program, enter the password given to you by your school. Click on Log in.
- You will be prompted to reset your password.
- You will be taken to the HAERT Year One Course homepage. You will see the Course Content starting with Module One. As each Module is released, you will see the Module and the included Topics displayed on the Course homepage.
Access a Module
- From the Course Homepage, select the Module you want to take.
- Scroll backwards to review Modules you have already completed,
- You will be taken to the Module page.
Navigate the dashboard
- On a Module page, the Navigation bar on the left shows you what Module you are in and what Topics are available to you
- Click on the first Topic and follow the instructions.
- Once you finish a Topic, click on Mark Complete to progress to the next Topic.
Watch a Video
Videos are designed to teach you HAERT Mental Wellness skills and show you how and when to use them.
They explain how and why certain skills work in order to encourage you to use them.
Videos also introduce you to more effective ways of thinking and managing your behaviors.
Take a Quiz
End-of-Video Quizzes are designed to check your knowledge and understanding of the key points from the video.
After you submit each answer, you will be shown the correct answer to any incorrect responses. This is to ensure you remember the correct information.
There is no penalty for an incorrect response.
How you do on a Quiz does not affect your overall course points.
Write a Reflection
Reflections are designed to help you think about how to apply the HAERT Mental Wellness skills to your own life right now.
You can write your Reflections in a private journal or on loose sheets of paper that you collect in a binder or folder. You can even write them on sticky notes and put them up around your room as reminders of when and how to use skills.
Of course, Reflections are for your own growth and development.
Do them if you want to get the most out of the HAERT Program.
Do an Activity
Activities are designed to help you practice and apply skills to your life.
They include worksheets where you identify how and when you can use skills, guided exercises to help you practice or do when you need support and much more.
Take an Assessment
End-of-Module Assessments are designed to confirm that you did the activities to learn the material.
If you achieve at least 80% on each assessment, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement at the end of the course.
Now it’s up to you
Mental Wellness is a personal journey that will last your entire life.
As you change and experience new things, even as an adult, you will be challenged to apply your skills to increasingly difficult situations. And you will need to learn new skills for new situations.
This is the process of Building Mastery.
Some people manage to pick up some of the Mental Wellness skills in the HAERT Program on their own. Few people learn or even use all of them.
You are getting the privilege and opportunity to learn what most people are rarely taught.
It is entirely possible to skip through the HAERT Program, not watch or reflect on anything, guess your way through each assessment, get to the end and possibly have enough points to score a Certificate of Achievement.
AND if you want to live a happier, more fulfilling life, you have to do the work to learn and use the skills.
Welcome to Adulting!